Section 39 Code on Social Security, 2020
Section 39 Code on Social Security, 2020 :
Section 39 National Social Security Board and State Unorganised Workers’ Board.
(1) An Insured Person or (where such medical benefit is extended to his family) a member of his family whose condition requires medical treatment and attendance shall be entitled to receive medical benefit.
(2) Such medical benefit may be given either in the form of out-patient treatment and attendance in a hospital or dispensary, clinic or other institution or by visits to the home of the Insured Person or treatment as in-patient in a hospital or other institution.
(3) The qualification of an Insured Person and (where such medical benefit is extended to his family) his family, to claim medical benefit and the conditions subject to which such benefit may be given, the scale and period thereof shall be such as may be prescribed by the Central Government:
Provided that a person in respect of whom contribution ceases to be payable under this Chapter may be allowed medical benefit for such period and of such nature as may be provided by the regulations:
Provided further that an Insured Person who has attained the age of superannuation, a person who retires under a Voluntary Retirement Scheme or takes premature retirement, and his spouse shall be eligible to receive medical benefits subject to payment of contribution and such other conditions as may be specified in the regulations:
Provided also that an Insured Person who ceases to be in insurable employment on account of permanent disablement caused due to employment injury shall continue to receive medical benefits, subject to payment of contribution and other conditions as may be prescribed by the Central Government:
Provided also that the conditions for grant of medical benefits to the Insured Person during employment injury shall be as specified in the regulations.
(4) (a) The Corporation may establish medical education institutions, including colleges, dental colleges, nursing colleges and the training institutes for its officers and staff with a view to improve the quality of their services.
(b) The medical education institutions referred to in clause (a) shall require its students to furnish a bond for serving the Corporation for such time and in such manner, as may be specified in the regulations.
(5) The medical education institutions and training institutes referred to in sub-section (4) may be run by the Corporation itself or on the request of the Corporation, by the Central Government, any State Government, Public Sector Undertaking of the Central Government or the State Government or any other body notified by the Central Government.
Explanation.-For the purposes of this sub-section, the expression other body means any such organisation of persons which the Central Government considers capable to run colleges and training institutions referred to in sub-section (4).
(6) The Corporation may, in order to take preventive and curative measures for welfare of the Insured Persons, carry out such occupational and epidemiological surveys and studies for assessment of health and working conditions of Insured Persons in such manner as may be specified in the regulations.
Section 39 The Code on Social Security, 2020 in Hindi / कोड ऑन वेजेस / धारा 39 सामाजिक सुरक्षा संहिता 2020 [ सोशल सिक्योरिटी कोड 2020 ] का विवरण : -
Supreme Court of India Important Judgments And Leading Case Law Related to Section 39 Social Security Code 2020 : Not Yet Available
To download this dhara / Section of Social Security Code 2020 in pdf format use chrome web browser and use keys [Ctrl + P] and save as pdf.