Section 53 Industrial Relations Code 2020
Section 53 Industrial Relations Code 2020 :
Conciliation and adjudication of dispute. - (1) Where any industrial dispute exists or is apprehended or a notice under section 62 has been given, the conciliation officer shall, hold conciliation proceedings in such manner as may be prescribed:
Provided that the conciliation officer shall not hold any such proceedings relating to the industrial dispute after two years from the date on which such industrial dispute arose.
(2) The conciliation officer shall, for the purpose of bringing about a settlement of the dispute, without delay, investigate the dispute and all matters affecting the merits and right settlement thereof and may do all such things as he thinks fit for the purpose of inducing the parties to come to a fair and amicable settlement of the dispute.
(3) If a settlement of the dispute or of any of the matters in dispute is arrived at in the course of the conciliation proceedings, the conciliation officer shall send a report thereof to the appropriate Government or an officer authorised in this behalf by the appropriate Government together with a memorandum of the settlement signed by the parties to the dispute.
(4) If no such settlement is arrived at, the conciliation officer shall, as soon as practicable, after the close of the investigation, send to the concerned parties and to the appropriate Government a full report, in the electronic or other form as may be prescribed, setting forth the steps taken by him for ascertaining the facts and circumstances relating to the dispute and for bringing about a settlement thereof, together with a full statement of such facts and circumstances, and the reasons on account of which, in his opinion, a settlement could not be arrived at.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (4), the conciliation officer shall send the report to the concerned parties and the appropriate Government within forty-five days of the commencement of the conciliation proceedings or within such shorter period as may be fixed by the appropriate Government:
Provided that where a conciliation officer receives notice under section 62, he shall send the report to the concerned parties and to the appropriate Government within fourteen days of the commencement of the conciliation proceedings:
Provided further that subject to the approval of the conciliation officer, the time may be extended by such period as may be agreed upon in writing by the concerned parties to the dispute.
(6) Any concerned party may make application in the prescribed form to the Tribunal in the matters not settled by the conciliation officer under this section within ninety days from the date on which the report under sub-section (4) is received to the concerned party and the Tribunal shall decide such application in the prescribed manner.
Supreme Court of India Important Judgments And Leading Case Law Related to Section 53 Industrial Relations Code 2020 : Not Yet Available
To download this dhara / Section of Industrial Relations Code 2020 in pdf format use chrome web browser and use keys [Ctrl + P] and save as pdf.