Section 9 Industrial Relations Code 2020
Section 9 Industrial Relations Code 2020 :
Registration of Trade Union and cancellation thereof. - (1) The Registrar shall, on being satisfied that the Trade Union has complied with all the requirements of the provisions of this Chapter in regard to registration, register the Trade Union by entering in a register, to be maintained in such form as may be prescribed, the particulars relating to the Trade Union contained in the statement accompanying the application for registration.
(2) Where the Registrar makes an order for registration of a Trade Union, he shall issue a certificate of registration to the applicant Trade Union, in such form as may be prescribed, which shall be the conclusive evidence that the Trade Union has been registered under this Code.
(3) If the Registrar has issued a certificate of registration to a Trade Union, he shall enter the name and other particulars of the Trade Union in a register maintained in this behalf in such form as may be prescribed.
(4) Every Trade Union registered under the Trade Unions Act, 1926 (16 of 1926) having valid registration immediately before the commencement of this Code shall be deemed to have been registered under this Code:
Provided that such Trade Union shall file with the Registrar a statement that the constitution of the executive of the Trade Union is in accordance with this Code along with the rules of the Trade Union updated in accordance with section 7, and the Registrar shall amend his records accordingly.
(5) The certificate of registration of a Trade Union may be withdrawn or cancelled by the Registrar,-
(i) on the application of the Trade Union verified in such manner as may be prescribed; or
(ii) on the information received by him regarding the contravention by the Trade Union of the provisions of this Code or the rules made thereunder or its constitution or rules; or
(iii) if he is satisfied that the members in a Trade Union falls below ten per cent. of total workers or one hundred workers, whichever is less:
Provided that not less than sixty days previous notice in writing specifying the grounds on which it is proposed to cancel the certificate of registration of a Trade Union shall be given by the Registrar to the Trade Union before the certificate of registration is cancelled otherwise than on the application of the Trade Union.
(6) A certificate of registration of a Trade Union shall be cancelled by the Registrar where a Tribunal has made an order for cancellation of registration of such Trade Union.
(7) While cancelling the certificate of registration of a Trade Union, the Registrar shall record the reasons for doing so and communicate the same in writing to the Trade Union concerned.
Supreme Court of India Important Judgments And Leading Case Law Related to Section 9 IndustrialRelations Code 2020 : Not Yet Available
To download this dhara / Section of Industrial Relations Code 2020 in pdf format use chrome web browser and use keys [Ctrl + P] and save as pdf.