Section 24 Industrial Relations Code 2020
Section 24 Industrial Relations Code 2020 :
Change of name, amalgamation, notice of change and its effect. - (1) Any registered Trade Union may, with the consent of not less than two-third of the total number of its members and subject to the provisions of sub-section (3), change its name.
(2) Any two or more registered Trade Unions may be amalgamated in such manner as may be prescribed.
(3) Notice in writing of every change of name and of every amalgamation signed in the case of a change of name, by the secretary and by seven members of the Trade Union changing its name, and in the case of an amalgamation, by the secretary and by seven members of each and every Trade Union which is a party thereto, shall be sent to the Registrar and where the head office of the amalgamated Trade Union is situated in a different State, to the Registrar of such State in such manner as may be prescribed.
(4) If the proposed name is identical with that by which any other existing Trade Union has been registered or, in the opinion of the Registrar, so nearly resembles such name as to be likely to deceive the public or the members of either Trade Union, the Registrar shall refuse to register the change of name.
(5) Save as provided in sub-section (4), the Registrar shall, if he is satisfied that the provisions of this Code in respect of change of name have been complied with, register the change of name in the register referred to in sub-section (3) of section 9, and the change of name shall have effect from the date of such registration.
(6) The Registrar of the State in which the head office of the amalgamated Trade Union is situated shall, if he is satisfied that the provisions of this Code in respect of amalgamation have been complied with and that the Trade Union formed thereby is entitled to registration under section 9, register the Trade Union and the amalgamation shall have effect from the date of such registration.
(7) The change in the name of a registered Trade Union shall not affect any rights or obligations of the Trade Union or render defective any legal proceeding by or against the Trade Union, and any legal proceeding which might have been continued or commenced by or against it by its former name may be continued or commenced by or against it by its new name.
(8) An amalgamation of two or more registered Trade Unions shall not prejudice any right of any such Trade Unions or any right of a creditor of any of them.
Supreme Court of India Important Judgments And Leading Case Law Related to Section 24 IndustrialRelations Code 2020 : Not Yet Available
To download this dhara / Section of Industrial Relations Code 2020 in pdf format use chrome web browser and use keys [Ctrl + P] and save as pdf.