Section 87 Code on Social Security, 2020
Section 87 Code on Social Security, 2020 :
Section 87 National Social Security Board and State Unorganised Workers’ Board.
Insolvency of employer.
(1) Where any employer has entered into a contract with any insurers in respect of any liability under this Chapter to any employee, then, in the event of the employer becoming insolvent or making a composition or scheme of arrangement with his creditors or, if the employer is a company, in the event of the company having commenced to be wound up, the rights of the employer against the insurers as respects that liability shall, notwithstanding anything in any law for the time being in force relating to insolvency or the winding up of companies, be transferred to and vest in the employee, and upon any such transfer the insurers shall have the same rights and remedies and be subject to the same liabilities as if they were the employer, so, however, that the insurers shall not be under any greater liability to the employee than they would have been under the employer.
(2) If the liability of the insurers to the employee is less than the liability of the employer to the employee, the burden of proof shall lie on the employee for the balance in the insolvency proceedings or liquidation.
(3) Where in any case such as is referred to in sub-section (1), the contract of the employer with the insurers is void or voidable by reason of non-compliance on the part of the employer with any terms or conditions of the contract (other than a stipulation for the payment of premium), the provisions of that subsection shall apply as if the contract were not void or voidable, and the insurers shall be entitled to prove in the insolvency proceedings or liquidation for the amount paid to the employee:
Provided that the provisions of this sub-section shall not apply in any case in which the employee fails to give notice to the insurers of the happening of the accident and of any resulting disablement as soon as practicable after he becomes aware of the institution of the insolvency or liquidation proceedings.
(4) There shall be deemed to be included among the debts which under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (31 of 2016) or under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013) are in the distribution of the assets of an insolvent or in the distribution of the assets of a company being wound up to be paid in priority to all other debts, the amount due in respect of any compensation, the liability accrued before the date of the order of adjudication of the insolvent or the date of the commencement of the winding up, as the case may be, and the provisions of that Code and Act shall have effect accordingly.
(5) Where the compensation is a half-monthly payment, the amount due in respect thereof shall, for the purposes of this section, be taken to be the amount of the lump sum for which the half-monthly payment could, if redeemable, be redeemed if applications were made for that purpose under section 80, and a certificate of the competent authority as to the amount of such sum shall be conclusive proof thereof.
(6) The provisions of sub-section (4) shall apply in the case of any amount for which an insurer is entitled to prove under sub-section (3), but otherwise those provisions shall not apply where the insolvent or the company being wound up has entered into such a contract with insurers as is referred to in sub-section (1).
(7) The provisions of this section shall not apply where a company is wound up voluntarily merely for the purposes of reconstruction or of amalgamation with another company.
Section 87 The Code on Social Security, 2020 in Hindi / कोड ऑन वेजेस / धारा 87 सामाजिक सुरक्षा संहिता 2020 [ सोशल सिक्योरिटी कोड 2020 ] का विवरण : -
Supreme Court of India Important Judgments And Leading Case Law Related to Section 87 Social Security Code 2020 : Not Yet Available
To download this dhara / Section of Social Security Code 2020 in pdf format use chrome web browser and use keys [Ctrl + P] and save as pdf.