Section 81 Code on Social Security, 2020
Section 81 Code on Social Security, 2020 :
Section 81 National Social Security Board and State Unorganised Workers’ Board.
Distribution of compensation.
(1) No payment of compensation in respect of an employee whose injury has resulted in death, and no payment of a lump sum as compensation to a woman or a person under a legal disability, shall be made otherwise than by deposit with the competent authority, and no such payment made directly by an employer shall be deemed to be a payment of compensation:
Provided that, in the case of a deceased employee, an employer may make to any dependant, advances on account of compensation of an amount equal to three months' wages of such employee and so much of such amount as does not exceed the compensation payable to that dependant shall be deducted by the competent authority from such compensation and repaid to the employer.
(2) Any other sum amounting to not less than five thousand rupees which is payable as compensation may be deposited with the competent authority on behalf of the person entitled thereto.
(3) The receipt of the competent authority shall be a sufficient discharge in respect of any compensation deposited with him.
(4) (a) On the deposit of any money under sub-section (1) as compensation in respect of a deceased employee, the competent authority shall, if he thinks necessary, cause notice to be published or to be served on each dependant in such manner as he thinks fit, calling upon the dependants to appear before him on such date as he may fix for determining the distribution of the compensation.
(b) If the competent authority is satisfied after any inquiry which he may deem necessary, that no dependant exists, he shall repay the balance of the money to the employer by whom it was paid.
(c) The competent authority shall, on an application by the employer, furnish a statement showing in detail all disbursements made.
(5) The compensation deposited in respect of a deceased employee shall, subject to any deduction made under sub-section (1), be apportioned by order by the competent authority among the dependants of the deceased employee or any of them in such proportion as the competent authority thinks fit, or may, in the discretion of the competent authority, be allotted to any one dependant:
Provided that the competent authority shall not make any order under this sub-section without hearing the dependants and shall record reasons in the order for the apportionment of such compensation among dependants or any of them, as the case may be.
(6) Where any compensation deposited with the competent authority is payable to any person, other than a woman or a person under legal disability, the competent authority may pay the compensation to the person entitled thereto.
(7) Where any lump sum deposited with the competent authority is payable to a woman or a person under a legal disability, such sum may be invested, applied or otherwise dealt with for the benefit of the woman, or of such person during his disability, in such manner as the competent authority may direct; and where a half-monthly payment is payable to any person under a legal disability, the competent authority may, of his own motion or on an application made to him in this behalf, order that the payment be made during the disability to any dependant of the employee or to any other person, whom the competent authority thinks fit to provide for the welfare of the employee.
(8) Where, on application made to him in this behalf or otherwise, the competent authority is satisfied that, on account of neglect of children on the part of a parent or on account of the variation of the circumstances of any dependant or for any other sufficient cause, an order of the competent authority as to the distribution of any sum paid as compensation or as to the manner in which any sum payable to any such dependant is to be invested, applied or otherwise dealt with, ought to be varied, the competent authority may make such orders for the variation of the former order as he thinks just in the circumstances of the case:
Provided that no such order prejudicial to any person shall be made unless such person has been given an opportunity of showing cause as to why the order should not be made, or shall be made in any case in which it would involve the repayment by a dependant of any sum already paid to him.
(9) Where the competent authority varies any order under sub-section (8) by reason of the fact that payment of compensation to any person has been obtained by fraud, impersonation or other improper means, any amount so paid to or on behalf of such person may be recovered in the manner as specified in sub-section (10).
(10) The competent authority may recover as an arrear of land revenue any amount referred to in sub-section (9), and for such purpose the competent authority shall be deemed to be a public officer within the meaning of section 5 of the Revenue Recovery Act, 1890 (1 of 1890).
Section 81 The Code on Social Security, 2020 in Hindi / कोड ऑन वेजेस / धारा 81 सामाजिक सुरक्षा संहिता 2020 [ सोशल सिक्योरिटी कोड 2020 ] का विवरण : -
Supreme Court of India Important Judgments And Leading Case Law Related to Section 81 Social Security Code 2020 : Not Yet Available
To download this dhara / Section of Social Security Code 2020 in pdf format use chrome web browser and use keys [Ctrl + P] and save as pdf.