Section 76 Code on Social Security, 2020
Section 76 Code on Social Security, 2020 :
Section 76 National Social Security Board and State Unorganised Workers’ Board.
Amount of compensation.
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Chapter, the amount of compensation shall be,—
(a) where death results from the injury, an amount equal to fifty per cent. of the monthly wages of the deceased employee multiplied by the relevant factor or an amount as may be notified by the Central Government from time to time, whichever is more;
(b) where permanent total disablement results from the injury, an amount equal to sixty per cent. of the monthly wages of the injured employee multiplied by the relevant factor or an amount as may be notified by the Central Government from time to time, whichever is more:
Provided that the Central Government may, by notification, from time to time, enhance the amount of compensation specified in clauses (a) and (b).
Explanation.-For the purposes of clauses (a) and (b), “relevant factor”, in relation to an employee means the factor specified in column (3) of the Sixth Schedule relating to factors against the corresponding entry in column (2) thereof, specifying the number of years which are the same as the completed years of the age of the employee on his last birthday immediately preceding the date on which the compensation fell due;
(c) where permanent partial disablement results from the injury,—
(i) in the case of an injury specified in Part II of the Fourth Schedule, such percentage of the compensation which would have been payable in the case of permanent total disablement as is specified therein as being the percentage of the loss of earning capacity caused by that injury; and
(ii) in the case of an injury not specified in the Fourth Schedule, such percentage of the compensation payable in the case of permanent total disablement as is proportionate to the loss of earning capacity (as assessed by the medical practitioner) permanently caused by the injury.
Explanation 1.—-For the purposes of this clause, where more injuries than one are caused by the same accident, the amount of compensation payable under this head shall be aggregated but not so in any case as to exceed the amount which would have been payable if permanent total disablement had resulted from the injuries.
Explanation 2.-In assessing the loss of earning capacity under sub-clause (ii), the medical practitioner shall have due regard to the percentage of loss of earning capacity in relation to different injuries specified in the Fourth Schedule;
(d) where temporary disablement, whether total or partial, results from the injury, a half-monthly payment of the sum equivalent to twenty-five per cent. of monthly wages of the employee, to be paid in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (4).
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), while fixing the amount of compensation payable to an employee in respect of an accident which occurred outside India, the competent authority shall take into account the amount of compensation, if any, awarded to such employee in accordance with the law of the country in which the accident occurred and shall reduce the amount fixed by him by the amount of compensation awarded to the employee in accordance with the law of that country.
(3) The Central Government may, by notification, specify for the purposes of sub-section (1), such monthly wages in relation to an employee as it may consider necessary.
(4) The half-monthly payment referred to in clause (d) of sub-section (1) shall be payable on the sixteenth day—
(i) from the date of disablement where such disablement lasts for a period of twenty-eight days or more; or
(ii) after the expiry of a waiting period of three days from the date of disablement, where such disablement lasts for a period of less than twenty-eight days; and thereafter half-monthly during the disablement or during a period of five years, whichever is shorter:
(a) there shall be deducted from any lump sum or half-monthly payments to which the employee is entitled, the amount of any payment or allowance which the employee has received from the employer by way of compensation during the period of disablement prior to the receipt of such lump sum or of the first half-monthly payment, as the case may be, and such payment or allowance which the employee has received from the employer towards his medical treatment shall not be deemed to be a payment or allowance received by him by way of compensation;
(b) no half-monthly payment shall in any case exceed the amount, if any, by which half the amount of the monthly wages of the employee before the accident exceeds half the amount of such wages which he is earning after the accident.
(5) The employee shall be reimbursed, the actual medical expenditure incurred by him for treatment of injuries caused during the course of employment, by his employer.
(6) On the ceasing of the disablement before the date on which any half-monthly payment falls due, there shall be payable in respect of that half-month a sum proportionate to the duration of the disablement in that half-month.
(7) If the injury of the employee results in his death, the employer shall, in addition to the compensation under sub-section (1), deposit with the competent authority a sum of not less than fifteen thousand rupees or such amount as may be prescribed by the State Government, for payment of the same to the eldest surviving dependant of the employee towards the expenditure of the funeral of such employee or where the employee did not have a dependant or was not living with his dependant at the time of his death, to the person who actually incurred such expenditure:
Provided that the Central Government may, by notification from time to time, enhance the amount specified in this sub-section.
Section 76 The Code on Social Security, 2020 in Hindi / कोड ऑन वेजेस / धारा 75 सामाजिक सुरक्षा संहिता 2020 [ सोशल सिक्योरिटी कोड 2020 ] का विवरण : -
Supreme Court of India Important Judgments And Leading Case Law Related to Section 76 Social Security Code 2020 : Not Yet Available
To download this dhara / Section of Social Security Code 2020 in pdf format use chrome web browser and use keys [Ctrl + P] and save as pdf.