Section 7 Code on Social Security, 2020
Section 7 Code on Social Security, 2020 :
Section 7 National Social Security Board and State Unorganised Workers’ Board.
Constitution of State Building Workers’ Welfare Boards.
(1) Every State Government shall, with effect from such date as it may, by notification, appoint, constitute a Board to be known as the (name of the State) Building and Other Construction Workers' Welfare Board to exercise the powers conferred on, and perform the functions assigned to, it under this section and Chapter VIII.
(2) The Building Workers' Welfare Board shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
(3) The Building Workers' Welfare Board shall consist of a chairperson to be nominated by the State Government, one member to be nominated by the Central Government and such number of other members, not exceeding fifteen, as may be appointed to it by the State Government:
Provided that the Building Workers' Welfare Board shall include an equal number of members representing the State Government, the employers and the building workers and that at least one member of the Board shall be a woman.
(4) The terms and conditions of appointment and the salaries and other allowances payable to the chairperson and the other members of the Building Workers' Welfare Board, and the manner of filling of casual vacancies of the members of the Building Workers' Welfare Board, shall be such as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(5) (a) The Building Workers' Welfare Board shall appoint a Secretary and such officers and employees as it considers necessary for the efficient discharge of its functions under this Code.
(b) The Secretary of the Building Workers' Welfare Board shall be its chief executive officer.
(c) The terms and conditions of appointment and the salary and allowances payable to the Secretary and the other officers and employees of the Building Workers' Welfare Board shall be such as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(6) The Building Workers' Welfare Board shall perform the following functions, namely:—
(a) provide death and disability benefits to a beneficiary or his dependants;
(b) make payment of pension to the beneficiaries who have completed the age of sixty years;
(c) pay such amount in connection with premium for Group Insurance Scheme of the beneficiaries as may be prescribed by the appropriate Government;
(d) frame educational schemes for the benefit of children of the beneficiaries as may be prescribed by the appropriate Government;
(e) meet such medical expenses for treatment of major ailments of a beneficiary or, such dependant, as may be prescribed by the appropriate Government;
(f) make payment of maternity benefit to the beneficiaries;
(g) frame skill development and awareness schemes for the beneficiaries;
(h) provide transit accommodation or hostel facility to the beneficiaries;
(i) formulation of any other welfare scheme for the building worker beneficiaries by State Government in concurrence with the Central Government; and
(j) make provision and improvement of such other welfare measures and facilities as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(7) The State Government may, by notification, constitute with effect from such date as may be specified therein one or more advisory committee to advise the State Government upon such matters arising out of the administration of this Code relating to building workers and such other matters as the State Government may refer to it for advice.
Section 7 The Code on Social Security, 2020 in Hindi / कोड ऑन वेजेस / धारा 7 सामाजिक सुरक्षा संहिता 2020 [ सोशल सिक्योरिटी कोड 2020 ] का विवरण : -
Supreme Court of India Important Judgments And Leading Case Law Related to Section 7 Social Security Code 2020 :
Not Yet Available
To download this dhara / Section of Social Security Code 2020 in pdf format use chrome web browser and use keys [Ctrl + P] and save as pdf.