Section 51 Code on Wages 2019
Section 51 Code on Wages 2019 :
Section 51. Appointment of Inspector-cum-Facilitators and their powers.
(1) The appropriate Government may, by notification, appoint Inspector-cum-Facilitators for the purposes of this Code who shall exercise the powers conferred on them under sub-section (4) throughout the State or such geographical limits assigned in relation to one or more establishments situated in such State or geographical limits or in one or more establishments, irrespective of geographical limits, assigned to him by the appropriate Government, as the case may be.
(2) The appropriate Government may, by notification, lay down an inspection scheme which may also provide for generation of a web-based inspection and calling of information relating to the inspection under this Code electronically.
(3) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (2), the appropriate Government may, by notification, confer such jurisdiction of randomised selection of inspection for the purposes of this Code to the Inspector-cum-Facilitator as may be specified in such notification.
(4) Every Inspector-cum-Facilitator appointed under sub-section (1) shall be deemed to be public servant within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
(5) The Inspector-cum-Facilitator may--
(a) advice to employers and workers relating to compliance with the provisions of this Code (45 of 1860);
(b) inspect the establishments as assigned to him by the appropriate Government,
subject to the instructions or guidelines issued by the appropriate Government from time to time.
(6) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (4), the Inspector-cum-Facilitator may,--
(a) examine any person who is found in any premises of the establishment, whom the Inspectorcum-Facilitator has reasonable cause to believe, is a worker of the establishment;
(b) require any person to give any information, which is in his power to give with respect to the names and addresses of the persons;
(c) search, seize or take copies of such register, record of wages or notices or portions thereof as the Inspector-cum-Facilitator may consider relevant in respect of an offence under this Code and which the Inspector-cum-Facilitator has reason to believe has been committed by the employer;
(d) bring to the notice of the appropriate Government defects or abuses not covered by any law for the time being in force; and
(e) exercise such other powers as may be prescribed.
(7) Any person required to produce any document or to give any information required by a Inspectorcum-Facilitator under sub-section (5) shall be deemed to be legally bound to do so within the meaning of section 175 and section 176 of the Indian Penal Code.
(8) The provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974) shall, so far as may be, apply to the search or seizure under sub-section (5) as they apply to the search or seizure made under the authority of a warrant issued under section 94 of the said Code.
Section 51 Wage Code 2019 in Hindi / कोड ऑन वेजेस / मज़दूरी संहिता धारा 51 वेतन संहिता अधिनियम, 2019 का विवरण : - http://188.8.131.52/billstexts/LSBillTexts/Hindi/PassedLokSabha/184-C_2019_LS_Hin.pdf
Supreme Court of India Important Judgments And Leading Case Law Related to Section 51 Code on Wages 2019 : Not Yet Available
To download this dhara / Section of Code on Wages 2019 in pdf format use chrome web browser and use keys [Ctrl + P] and save as pdf.