Section 43 Code on Social Security, 2020
Section 43 Code on Social Security, 2020 :
Section 43 National Social Security Board and State Unorganised Workers’ Board.
Liability of owner or occupier of factories, etc, for excessive sickness benefit.Previous Next
(1) Where the Corporation considers that the incidence of sickness among Insured Persons is excessive by reason of—
(a) insanitary working conditions in a factory or other establishment or the neglect of the owner or occupier of the factory or other establishment to observe any health regulations enjoined on him by or under any enactment for the time being in force, or
(b) insanitary conditions of any tenements or lodgings occupied by Insured Persons and such insanitary conditions are attributable to the neglect of the owner of the tenements or lodgings to observe any health regulations enjoined on him by or under any enactments for the time being in force,
then, the Corporation may send to the owner or occupier of the factory or other establishment or to the owner of the tenements or lodgings, as the case may be, a claim for the payment of the amount of the extra expenditure incurred by the Corporation as sickness benefit; and if the claim is not settled by agreement, the Corporation may refer the matter, with a statement in support of its claim, to the appropriate Government.
(2) If the appropriate Government is of the opinion that a prima facie case for inquiry is made out, it may appoint a competent person or persons to hold an inquiry into the matter referred under sub-section (1).
(3) If upon inquiry under sub-section (2), it is proved to the satisfaction of the person or persons holding the inquiry that the excess in incidence of sickness among the Insured Persons is due to the default or neglect of the owner or occupier of the factory or other establishment or the owner of the tenements or lodgings, as the case may be, the said person or persons shall determine, the amount of the extra expenditure incurred as sickness benefit as well as the person or persons by whom the whole or any part of such amount shall be paid to the Corporation.
(4) A determination under sub-section (3) may be enforced as if it were a decree for payment of money passed in a suit by a Civil Court.
(5) For the purposes of this section, “owner” of tenements or lodgings shall include any agent of the owner and any person who is entitled to collect the rent of the tenements or lodgings as a lessee of the owner.
Section 43 The Code on Social Security, 2020 in Hindi / कोड ऑन वेजेस / धारा 43 सामाजिक सुरक्षा संहिता 2020 [ सोशल सिक्योरिटी कोड 2020 ] का विवरण : -
Supreme Court of India Important Judgments And Leading Case Law Related to Section 43 Social Security Code 2020 : Not Yet Available
To download this dhara / Section of Social Security Code 2020 in pdf format use chrome web browser and use keys [Ctrl + P] and save as pdf.