Section 4 Code on Social Security, 2020
Section 4 Code on Social Security, 2020 :
Section 4. Constitution of Board of Trustees of Employees’ Provident Fund.
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, constitute, with effect from such date as may be specified therein, a Board of Trustees of the Employees' Provident Fund to be called the Central Board, for the purposes of Chapter III and the provisions of this Code relating to that Chapter, for the administration of the funds vested in it in such manner as may be prescribed by the Central Government, consisting of the following members, namely:—
(a) a Chairperson and a Vice-Chairperson to be appointed by the Central Government;
(b) not more than five persons appointed by the Central Government from amongst its officials;
(c) not more than fifteen persons representing Governments of such States asthe Central Government may specify in this behalf, to be appointed by the Central Government;
(d) ten persons representing employers of the establishments to which the schemes referred to in sub section (1) of section 15 applies, to be appointed by the Central Government after consultation with such organisations of employers as may be recognised by the Central Government in this behalf;
(e) ten persons representing employees in the establishments to which schemes referred to in subsection (1) of section 15 applies, who shall be appointed by the Central Government after consultation with such organisations of employees as may be recognised by that Government in this behalf; and
(f) the Central Provident Fund Commissioner, ex officio.
(2) The Central Board shall be a body corporate by the name of Board of Trustees of the Employees' Provident Fund, having perpetual succession and a common seal and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
(3) The Central Government may, by notification, constitute, with effect from such date as may be specified therein, an Executive Committee from amongst the members of the Central Board to assist the Central Board in performance of its functions in such manner as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(4) The Central Board may, by order, constitute one or more committees of such composition as may be specified in the order to assist it in the discharge of its functions.
(5) The Central Board may, by order, delegate to its Chairperson or to its Executive Committee or to any of its officers and a State Board constituted under section 12 may, by order, delegate to its Chairperson or to any of its officers, subject to such conditions and limitations, if any, as it may specify in such order, such of its powers and functions under this Code as it may deem necessary for efficient administration of the schemes referred to in sub-section (1) of section 15.
(6) The terms and conditions, including tenure of office, subject to which a member of the Central Board and Executive Committee shall discharge their respective duties may be such as may be prescribed by the Central Government:
Provided that a member of the Central Board shall, notwithstanding the expiry of the tenure of his office, continue to hold office until his successor is appointed.
(7) The Central Board, apart from the functions specified in this Code, shall also perform such other functions in such manner as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
Section 4 The Code on Social Security, 2020 in Hindi / कोड ऑन वेजेस / धारा 4 सामाजिक सुरक्षा संहिता 2020 [ सोशल सिक्योरिटी कोड 2020 ] का विवरण : -
Supreme Court of India Important Judgments And Leading Case Law Related to Section 4 Social Security Code 2020 : Not Yet Available
To download this dhara / Section of Social Security Code 2020 in pdf format use chrome web browser and use keys [Ctrl + P] and save as pdf.